What is Andropause?
Men, just as women, experience many hormonal changes during their lifetime. As men age, the amount of testosterone produced by their body can decrease. Testosterone is a hormone that is produced by the testes and is responsible for sperm production, red blood cell production, muscle growth, libido, energy levels and male sex characteristics such as a deep voice and body hair.
Lowered levels of testosterone can be characterized by symptoms such as:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of libido
- Declining muscle tone
Sometimes, lifestyle modifications can help to correct the hormonal imbalance. These lifestyle changes can include:
- Exercise that includes aerobic and weight resistant activities
- Eating a healthy diet
- Weight loss
- Smoking cessation
If you suspect that you are deficient in testosterone, you can speak with your healthcare provider or call The PharmaCompoundia at: 972-473-6867.
How can The PharmaCompoundia Help?
We sell a test kit from ZRT Laboratories. This kit will use your choice of either a saliva or blood sample (finger stick) to measure your hormone balance.
What Is the treatment for low testosterone?
If it has been determined that your levels of testosterone are low, your healthcare provider may prescribe testosterone. At this point, The PharmaCompoundia will work alongside your healthcare provider to determine what your best option is.
- The PharmaCompoundia customizes dosages to fit the needs of each patient
- The PharmaCompoundia offers testosterone in the form of a topical gel or cream as well as injectables.
- Testosterone delivered transdermally proves to be absorbed more readily than other dosage forms
- We can add DHEA that may support heart and brain health
Call today with any questions! 972-473-6867